SIMDAX® (i.v. levosimendan)
SIMDAX (i.v. levosimendan) is an inodilator (calcium sensitizer and potassium
channel opener) indicated for the short-term treatment of acutely decompensated
severe chronic heart failure in situations where conventional therapy is not
sufficient, and in cases where inotropic support is considered appropriate.
SIMDAX is the only inodilator2,3 to provide long lasting hemodynamic benefits2,4-10 and symptom control2,4,5,11,12 to patients with acute heart failure and in need of inotropic therapy.
SIMDAX is proven to be effective and well tolerated in large-scale clinical trials of
hospitalized patients with heart failure. Over 1.500,000 patients worldwide have
been treated with SIMDAX. Clinical trials data show that SIMDAX offers:
- Hemodynamic benefits13,14
- Symptomatic benefits13,14
- Sustained effects13
The pharmacological effects of SIMDAX are mediated through a unique triple mechanism of action:
- Increased cardiac contractility by calcium sensitization of troponin C
- Vasodilation through the opening of potassium channels in the vasculature smooth muscle
- Cardioprotection, antiapoptopic and antiremodeling effects through the opening of mitochondrial potassium channels in cardiomyocytes
Health economic analyses of the clinical trial data have shown that SIMDAX is cost-effective in ADHF patients. Patient on SIMDAX have shorter hospital stay.
SIMDAX® is a product of Orion Corporation and is marketed around the world
either by the company itself or its partners. For the market areas of SIMDAX and
information on designated sales partners, choose the section Global market areas
of Simdax. You can also submit a question using the forms in Contact us.